The sector contributes to the economy indirectly through its link with other industries such as agriculture, poultry, handicrafts, construction and horticulture. If you wish to travel to different places and love to interact with different people, post graduate diploma in travel and tourism management could be the best option for you. The program recognizes the fast global change and increasing needs of highly skilled professionals in the travel and tourism industry.
The post graduate diploma in travel and tourism management is a vocational program that has been designed to develop students for a bright career in this industry. The program is a combination of general management skills and specialized knowledge of the travel and tourism industry. It imparts deep knowledge of theories, business models and practices and helps preparing candidates for a bright career within the leisure and tourism industry.
Important job profiles after PGDM in travel and tourism:
- Airlines – Airlines provide excellent and rewarding job opportunities to the students. One can get employment as reservation staff, air hostesses, marketing and sales personnel, traffic assistant and booking manager, etc.
- Travel agencies – The travel agencies use people to promote tour packages. They make arrangements for accommodations, budgets, special needs, travel, planning and tourist attractions.
- Hotel industry – There are numerous job opportunities in hotel industry in various departments after pursuing PGDM in travel and tourism. One can be a part of accounting, maintenance, front office, public relations and housekeeping, etc.
- Transport – Job profile for students employed with road and rail transport includes planning, calculating costs, chalking out the tour program, arranging accommodation and facilities like entertaining and food.
- Tourism department – In the department, a student can get employment in marketing and sales, counter staff, reservations, tour guides and tour planners, etc.
Travel and ticketing course
Travel and ticketing course is a program that is especially designed for candidates who are willing to enter the travel agency and for industry professionals who are already familiar with computer reservation system. The program helps the candidates to learn about the mechanisms to calculate mileage based airfares and issue tickets using CRS.
People who are a part of the travel and tourism industry interact with a lot of people on daily basis. There are important personality traits required to effectively handle several tasks and responsibilities in the tourism sector. Organizational skills, high level of patience, effective communication, responsible and hard working, creative ability, ability to handle emergencies, good marketing skills and interpersonal skills are some of the essential traits that you must possess to achieve success in the ever changing travel and tourism industry.
Thomas Cook Centre of Learning offers Post Graduate Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management in India. Thomas Cook is offering world class Travel and Ticketing Course Mumbai.