Dehradun has developed as an educational hub for higher education as well as schooling of young kids. The city boasts of a good number of residential schools with world class infrastructure that attract students from all over the country and even overseas. A large number of schools in Dehradun are affiliated to CBSE Board that provides top quality education to the aspirants. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the topmost national board of education in India. The schools affiliated to CBSE board have to follow NCERT curriculum.
When it comes to choosing the best school for their kids, parents are faced with numerus dilemmas. We all want to pave a pathway to their success and consider many factors while making a decision. Here we are some pointers that will help you choose the best school for your kids:
- Reputation: Always check if a school has a notable track record and if it has earned awards and other accolades. Reputed schools tend to not only focus on academics but also organise different extracurricular activities and field trips to give their students good practical experience.
- Infrastructure: A good school means good infrastructure. Holistic development of student’s body and mind demands great infrastructure and facilities like well-equipped library, labs, auditoriums, sports facilities, spacious rooms, large playgrounds, etc. Good infrastructure enables a rich learning environment for kids.
- Internal structure: A good school that cares can be seen through its website. Websites are the latest trends and any school that has up to date website that is well kept knows the importance online visibility in education industry. Their website is always up to date on what is going on in the campus. The activities held on the campus and co-scholastic achievements are always updated and parents of present and future students get a feel of the internal activities of the school.
- Fees:Fee structure is an important consideration for the parents. They want to give their child the best as per their capacity. Parents try to get value for money, so they should look at the infrastructure and other facilities provided to the students.
- Non-academic skill development:It is always good to choose a school that provides its students opportunities to enhance their non-academic skills like sports, painting, singing, dancing, etc. It not only ensures an overall development of the student but also helps them identify and cultivate their talents.
- Faculty members: A good school employs best faculty. A good faculty inculcates love for learning in a child.Each child is unique and well-trained teacher knows that. They endeavour to enhance every student’s abilities and inspire them to enjoy while learning.
Every parent wants their child to be a happy, confident and triumphant individual. Dehradun is home to some of the topmost schools in India. Here is a list of top CBSE schools in Dehradun:
- Asian School Dehradun
- Beverly Hills Shalini School
- DAV Public School
- Dehra Dun Hills Academy
- Doon Global School
- Doon Heritage School
- SelaQui International School
- GRD World School
- Ecole Global International School
- Shivalik Academy
- St Mary’s Convent Senior Secondary School
- Army Public School
- Drona’s International School
Enrolling your child in any of these schools will ensure that they will receive international level of education. See the respective schools’ websites for details.